A fire in North Head on Grand Manan has gutted a home.
That from the Canadian Red Cross which says the fire was reported just after 11am on Sunday at 143 Highway 776.
A couple and their four-year-old son were not home at the time of the blaze so nobody was hurt.
They're staying with a relative and disaster volunteers with the Red Cross are helping out with emergency purchases like clothing and food.
A family of five was evacuated from their home over the weekend after the oil leak in the house they rent a few kilometres south of Sussex.
The Red Cross says that fire officials checked fuel vapour levels and recommended the family, a couple and their three children, leave the house until the leak could be fixed, the spilled fuel and any other damage cleaned up and the house ventilated. A process that could take one or two days.
One child was checked briefly at hospital for exposure to the fumes but was then released.
Photo: Map Data ©2018 Google