Smoke In North End Building Forces Early Morning Evacuation

Posted on Monday, February 5, 2018 07:09 AM

A building in the north end had to be evacuated this morning because of smoke in an apartment.

Platoon chief Brian Wilson of the city fire department says that it was a considerable number of people, estimating between 15 to 20 were evacuated from 142 Victoria Street due to what Wilson refers to as careless smoking.

The call came in just after 4am and when we spoke with Wilson just before 5am he said the residents were now returning.